Friday, September 26, 2008

LoveLess

Prologue
When the war of the beasts brings about the world’s endThe goddess descends from the skyWings of light and dark spread afarShe guides us to bliss, her gift everlasting
Act I

Infinite in mystery is the gift of the goddessWe seek it thus, and take to the skyRipples form on the water’s surfaceThe wandering soul knows no rest.
Act II

There is no hate, only joyFor you are beloved by the goddessHero of the dawn, Healer of worlds
Dreams of the morrow hath the shattered soulPride is lostWings stripped away, the end is nigh
Act III

My friend, do you fly away now?To a world that abhors you and I?All that awaits you is a somber morrowNo matter where the winds may blow
My friend, your desireIs the bringer of life, the gift of the goddess
Even if the morrow is barren of promisesNothing shall forestall my return
Act IV

My friend, the fates are cruelThere are no dreams, no honor remainsThe arrow has left the bow of the goddess
My soul, corrupted by vengeanceHath endured torment, to find the end of the journeyIn my own salvationAnd your eternal slumber
Legend shall speakOf sacrifice at world’s endThe wind sails over the water’s surfaceQuietly, but surely
Act V

Even if the morrow is barren of promisesNothing shall forestall my returnTo become the dew that quenches the landTo spare the sands, the seas, the skiesI offer thee this silent sacrifice

No comments: